Monday, September 2, 2013

Comedy Series - Bored to Death - Watch it

              It's been four months, I posted a blog. Let’s just say, I was busy with different kind of writing. This long labor day weekend is perfect for a new blog. I am always in look out for some good comedy TV series, stand ups, films etc as it is my favorite kind of genre for entertainment. Here's one by the name 'Bored by Death', a HBO series which i highly recommend all to watch. Just after three seasons, it was cancelled, reason for which i never understood nor announced by HBO. I read that, petitions on several websites including ‘Facebook’ was circulating requesting for fourth season and now, HBO is making a movie based on this comedy series.



It is a hidden gem which i taught; i should share with others who have not yet seen it. It has just 8 episodes in each season with run time of around 30 mins per episode. I liked it so much that, i finished seeing all 3 seasons in one weekend.

The show is about a struggling novel writer's comic adventures as part-time private detective along with his two close friends. One of whom is 'Zach Galifianakis' from movie 'Hangover' fame. He has some of the best lines in the show and really stands out.

You can 'Google' it and check more details about it. I don't want to be redundant here. Instead, i will just list few lines/scenes randomly here for couple of reason. One, just thinking about those make me laugh and two, i may convince you to watch it.

Jonathan: Pot is healthy, they give it to cancer patient.
His girl friend: But you don't have cancer
Jonathan: Not yet.

Ray(Zach): I lost my virginity in 5th grade
His friend: What was his name ?
Ray: Father Francis.

Kidnapper: It is a cliche, because it works.

At a bar, Ray: What is your name ?
Girl : Trouble
Ray: That is my mother's name. what is your middle name ?
Girl: Carol
Ray: That is my father's name.






No comments:

Post a Comment